Heavy Rotation Booking
Close: 15 November 2008
Winning entry by ... gotnoname
Attention!!! Very interesting competition:
HEAVY ROTATION BOOKING
Our Company is based in New York and in Germany.
We are a booking Agency for US Artist (DJ’s / Rappers / Singers) HIP HOP & R n B. We have organized world tours for artists like: Fat Joe, Lil Jon, Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot, Method & Redman, Jadakiss, Ying Yang Twins, Nina Sky, Yung Joc, Mario & many many more…
Furthermore we work with many US Top Dj’s such as DJ Drama (T.I. ‘s DJ), DJ Whoo Kid (50 Cents Dj), DJ Irie (The Official DJ of the Miami Heats & Jamie Foxx + Celebrity DJ ), the legendary DJ Kid Capri etc.
We supply hundred of clubs and festivals worldwide like the Splash Festival in Germany or the MTV HIP HOP Open. We have booked shows / after show parties for 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Eminem & Alicia Keys…
Brands like Roca Wear, Adidas, Southpole and MTV are among our clients.
Our agency was based overseas (Germany) in the last 6-7 years. Last year we opened an office in NYC and we’re trying to get into the US Market. (Clubs & Festivals)
Our current logo is existing since day one. www.heavyrotation.net
One of the main requirements of the old logo was to mention the .net because we did not have the .com domain. Now that we trying to expend into the US market and HEAVYROTATION is there not known like in Europe/overseas, we decided to change the domain name into www.hrbooking.com (heavy rotation booking) which is more meaningful because bookings are our main focus. Also we coming out with a new website soon and we need the logo for the Corporate Design/Identity.
Meanwhile we have different branches of business:
- Mastertapes.de which is a mixtape distribution based in Europe (www.mastertapes.de)
- Heavy Rotation Travel Group which is a travel agency based in NYC
- The Promoters/Clubs/Festivals are our clients
The promoters and event organizers are our main target groups. The clients (promoters) however don’t have the network or the direct connections to the managements and therefore they have to approach agencies that have the network and can arrange gigs. Promoters want to feel that they are working with an agency that is professional (no delays, no last minute notice, knows how to handle situations, have experience, proper contracts, communication on a professional level etc), that is reliable (artists arrive as promised, the shows are of good quality, clear agreements, and keeping the customer informed) and that has the network (direct contact to artists and management to avoid miscommunication and unreliable agreements)
In essence, Heavy Rotation CONNECTS all parties. Heavy Rotation is the link between the artists on one side, and organizers, promoters, clubs and maybe at a later stage TV and Radio station on the other. Heavy Rotation connects business with entertainment.
A few Competitors:
Heavy Rotation Business Mission:
To become one of the biggest and best known booking agencies for Urban acts worldwide.
• maintain and expand our position in the existing market
• Increasing profile in the US market
• Increasing shows for concerts ( clubs deal with urban agencies but big festivals and concerts purchase their acts from corporate companies)
The main brand is Heavy Rotation (Booking). Heavy Rotation Got so far 3 branches of business:
Heavy Rotation Booking, HR Travel Group and Mastertapes.
Additional branches such as Heavy Rotation Radio / Entertainment / TV could be added in the future.
Simple but characteristic, sophisticated and corporate but with a touch of urban flavor, a simple shape as its foundation, the word HEAVY ROTATION represented in the image
HEAVY ROTATION meanings:
- HR makes it possible for artists to be on HEAVY ROTATION, “rotate from one place to another with different gigs”, HR has the network among promoters (and numerous contacts among people from Radio and TV stations) that allows HR to get the MAXIMUM number of bookings or other arranged appearances or businesses (compared to other booking and artist-management agencies)
- HEAVY ROTATION is on ROTATION meaning HR is everywhere, omni-present, always on top of things, fast, worldwide, never sleeping, energetic
- HEAVY means weight, power but also stands for reliability, something with content, stability and strength. It can also stand for massive, which can be interpreted as important, deserving respect but also as being rich, can be associated with money (HR is loaded but also makes money for all parties, be it artists or the promoters or media) etc. ‘Heavy’ also stands for ‘a lot’, meaning a lot of rotation, movement, energy.
Every time an artist is booked through HR, the logo will be featured on the particular flyer of the event, concert or club night. Besides that, Heavy Rotation will distribute promo material (T-shirts, Key chains, CDs, Calendars, Pens, and other promotional material) among the clients, mainly the promoters. The HR logo should be suitable for TV, for letters or emails as a watermark and for banners that will hang during shows behind the stage. The logo should be appropriate for business environment in a B2B context with seriousness but should also be attractive to public and end consumers “fans” (Printed HR T-Shirts will wear HR T-Shirts, hats etc). The Logo will be the basis of the corporate design. The logo should not exist as just a font. It should combine the company’s context in an icon with an additional font or a mixed icon with a font.
The winner will pass all the rights + the logo files to us so that we will be the owner of the logo
THANKS & GOOD LUCK!