Terry Benjey Bicycling Foundation
Close: 02 April 2016
Winning entry by ... putul1950
The Terry Benjey Bicycling Foundation (TBBF) is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization. TBBF was created in honor of Terry Benjey, a beloved, ardent cyclist who inspired and encouraged others to discover and engage in the pure, uncomplicated joy of riding a bicycle.
Our mission is to improve bicycling opportunities and safety in the Cape Fear Region of North Carolina. Specifically, we aim to:
- Promote the use of bicycles in the Cape Fear Region of North Carolina for transportation, recreation, and fitness.
- Advocate for appropriate design, funding, and construction of accommodations and facilities for bicycling throughout the Cape Fear Region.
- Promote public awareness of ways to safely share roads, trails, and greenways between bicyclists and other users of the facilities.
- Educate the public about ways that increased use of bicycles for transportation for the benefit of public health and fitness, as well as contribute to the quality and conservation of our environment.
- Educate youth and adults in bicycle handling skills, bicycle maintenance, and safe bicycle driving skills.
In carrying out our mission, we will be partnering with local advocacy groups and government policy makers, fundraising, and educating. We want the general public to want to participate in cycling and in our educational programs.
The Cape Fear Region is a coastal area of Southeastern NC. The heart of the region is Wilmington (http://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/), a charming port city sandwiched between the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic Ocean. The city was incorporated in 1739. Live Oak-lined boulevards lead into the downtown, historic district. Beautiful, sunny Cape Fear beaches (including Wrightsville, Carolina, Kure, Topsail, Ocean Isle, Sunset, and Holden beaches) dot the map to the north and south. The Cape Fear region is truly an outdoor paradise and a great place to enjoy cycling.
We are looking for a crisp, clean logo that depicts our bicycling-focused mission (i.e. bicycles, wheels, gears, safety, multi-use paths, etc.) and possibly pays tribute to the region (beaches, waves, Live Oak trees, river, etc.).
Thank you in advance for sharing your creativity and vision. We look forward to seeing your logo submission.
Our target audiences include: a) current cycling enthusiasts, b) potential cyclists, c) youth & adults, d) transportation planners, e) potential contributors, f) volunteers, g) cycling advocacy organizations, h) government decision makers, and i) cycling clubs.
Logosauce Standard Final Art Requirements: Vector artwork in Pantone SPOT, CMYK, RGB and BW versions. Files should be saved in Adobe Illustrator .ai or .eps file formats with all strokes converted to objects and fonts pathed/outlined. Other file formats may be acceptable in exceptional circumstances.