Client: Jay Cavallaro
Close: 01 July 2013
Winning entry by ... WouterZ - Dutch Designs
The product is GP YES
Delivering Peace of Mind
2-Way GPS Tracking, Emergency Services, SOS, Geo Fencing, Phoning
The device will be used to track people, family, high value assets such as bicycles, scooters, fine art, luggage, also to track luggage being shipped on airplanes.
The logo should be serious, internationally understood, presenting peace of mind, security, and safety. The 2-way communication is unique, where the unit can send and receive location messages and telecommunication (phone). This feature can be expressed in the logo.
We’re looking for a logo that is exciting yet serious and represents a sense of precision and security.
- The GPS Tracker is lightweight and easily concealed or carried
- It weighs 2 ounces and is 2″ × 1 1/2″ × 7/8"
- It utilizes satellite connectivity and cellular based communication to locate anything to which it is attached, to within 10 meters; providing time of day, longitude/latitude, local street addresses when available, direction and speed, as well as whether or not the device is in motion or stopped
- The Device has an SOS function, which immediately alerts up to six pre-selected individuals via a text or email
- It can be used as a mobile phone, instantly calling a pre-selected number (Think On Star, but the user chooses who receives the call)
- The supporting software allows for a GeoFence to be created around the Unit, which when breached, alerts the owner that their assets or family are moving beyond or into an acceptable radius
- GP Yes provides each owner or user with 24/7 software support, so that the device can be tracked and located on any hand held mobile or computer, within 3-5 seconds
- Alerts, including notification that the unit has acquired a satellite, is in motion, has stopped, there is an SOS Emergency or the unit requires a battery recharge, are sent to pre-selected mobile numbers and email addresses, thereby staying in constant communication with both the user and the tracker
- Each device can be programmed to issue a locational ping at minimum every three seconds. It should be noted that the number of pings per hour affect battery life
- The battery, under normal use, and the common five – second ping setting, lasts 5 days before having to recharge
- Recharging is simple; the device has a protected USB port into which the charger plugs.
Our target audience is middle to upper middle class people who are traveling, moving valuables such as fine art, bicycles, expensive equipment such as cameras, computers, etc, that need to track there location. Also families and friends that need to track loved ones traveling or competing in sporting events such as cycling.
Logosauce Standard Final Art Requirements: Vector artwork in Pantone SPOT, CMYK, RGB and BW versions. Files should be saved in Adobe Illustrator .ai or .eps file formats with all strokes converted to objects and fonts pathed/outlined. Other file formats may be acceptable in exceptional circumstances.